Friday, October 31, 2008

Night Feverish

It’s definitely NOT for lack of trying that white people can’t dance. I know that’s a blanket statement, but I’m speaking about the average Jack and Jill who boogie once a month. Or just for myself. Of course there are exceptions.

Bosses across PE must be cursing today.
I’m pretty sure more than half the province was at Goldfish last night, dancing shamelessly till the wee hours of the morning. That’s what I’m telling myself to feel better. I was squeaking my hooves like a maniac last night and it feels like I ran the Knysna Marathon in my sleep. I woke up and thought my alarm clock was joking. “7 O Clock” I said out loud, “get the hell out of here.”

Thank goodness its flat, else I would have been a livid to give surfing a skip on such a beautiful day. My legs are too pooped to do anything physical. I checked out the weather report and things look great for beach goers this weekend. That is if you like building sand castles, playing touch rugby or braaing with the buggers. There is absolutely no swell. It’s quite amazing, actually. The ocean is bordering on lake status. It could be different towards East London, but as far as PE is concerned it’s a lake out there.

I keep wondering why my ‘flat day apathy’ doesn’t force me to invest in a longboard. You can surf anything on one of those. I would definitely surf more, no doubt. And maybe it would do something for my dancing form?

No comments: